Tuesday 8 September 2009

Happy Fridays

My most recent happy Friday was spent being a servant.

Last Friday Mrs P was lucky enough to attend a course at Perch Hill Farm, the beautiful location at which Sarah Raven teaches people a variety of wonderful skills. After an early rise for a day off work, we set on our way towards the south coast.


While Mrs P was learning the skills that are going to help turn our garden into the flowery oasis it wants to be, I spent the day working with head gardener at The Cutting Garden, Beata Burke. I learnt a few things from the chores I performed but infinitely more from chatting to Beata. There's nothing better than learning from the expert!


If you happen to visit Sarah Raven's establishment at Perch Hill Farm and see the particularly resplendent wallflowers or taste the fresh mizuna, spare me a thought as it is just possible that I am partly responsible...

No comments: