Friday 22 August 2008

Is it a table, is it a bench?

Mrs Plutus and I recently took delivery of our table, come bench. We were strolling around Hampton Court Flower Show earlier in the "summer" and came across The Bench Company's stand. We'd been intending to get a bench for half way down our garden (the sunny bit) for quite a while but hadn't yet got around to actually making the purchase. After a stroll around the rest of the flower show, an overpriced but delicious wild boar sausage and a couple of pints in the sun we decided to return to purchase a bench that turns into a table. By this time I think I was swept away with the notion that I would have a Transformer in my garden. OK, no robot in disguise I admit, but a pretty cool and functional piece of kit. Also important to note that the company called me well in advance of the delivery date, stuck exactly to the agreed delivery time (on a Sunday I should add), assembled the bench in the desired location and were thoroughly nice folk ensuring I was totally happy with my purchase before they left to make their next delivery. Here are a few pics of Mrs Plutus performing the transformation:


Even though it has only been around a few days it has already become one of my favourite places to be. Sure, I'm not officially working right now but I still have a lot of work to do. It is that little bit more satisfying being able to do said work in the sun on my new purchase while listening to the cricket in the background. Here is a pic of my new desk in action:

Love it...

No comments: