Sunday 5 April 2009

Weekend-tastic

Been a busy and exhausting weekend. Spent Saturday in Wiltshire tending to grandpa-in-law's garden. Lovely to catch up with Cyril and to enjoy his beautiful view over a sheep-filled field. Sunday was a garden day. I managed to get my first crop of peas planted - yellow mange tout, hurst green shaft, little marvel and the 10ft climbers. About 80 plants in all I think. Sure the slugs, mice, squirrels, foxes, cats and other critters will each claim their share. Planted out some purple kohl rabi and a couple of radish varieties too. Also put out my broad beans of the red epicure variety and a few red little gem lettuces between my onion rows. Hopefully they'll all work in harmony together!

No photos this time I'm afraid. A relatively woodwork free weekend too. Next one's a four-dayer tho', can't help but get some good stuff done...

No comments: