Sunday 29 March 2009

I Love Spring

It's true, I do. Here's why...

So many forgotten treasures in the garden reminding you of why you love them

Progress in the greenhouse every day

Longer, lighter days

Sunglasses need dusting off

The Formula One season has started

It's the business end of the football season

Nearly the beginning of the cricket season AND it's an Ashes summer


All wonderful things! What makes this spring better than all the others? Not only am I very proud of Mrs P, I am also soon to be an uncle and am rather excited. Looking forward to meeting little niece-P soon (note I don't refer to her as P-niece - say it to yourself a few times and you'll understand why).


Here's a picture of a viola from my garden:


Gone for a predominantly yellow theme this spring with more colours joining the party as spring grows into summer.

Few other things before you go.

Had a great weekend. Got up for the live qualifying and race in Australia. Knackered now but I only have to meet my new CEO for the first time tomorrow, nothing important. Busy day Saturday in the workshop. Made a few things - a bench hook, a sanding pad and a mahogany test tube holder for Mrs P senior's botanical drawing classes (although stupidly forgot to take a photo). Experimented with some ideas - built working prototypes that look pretty good. Today had a lovely lunch with the family. Got home, planted up all my beautifully chitted potatoes, weeded my onion and garlic beds and added a few filler plants, including a couple of interesting dwarf miscanthus, to the borders courtesy of Mr & Mrs P senior-in-law last weekend.


Happy days...

No comments: