Thursday 20 August 2009

The News

Been an eventful couple of days. Firstly to football matters...

I was never a fan of Neil Warnock's before he was appointed to the helm of Crystal Palace by Simon Jordan, but I've warmed to him. His outspoken nature stems from passion for the game and that is admirable. You may have witnessed the gross injustice that was Palace's visit to Bristol City at the weekend. Simply atrocious that a professional referee and his assistant should disallow a goal that hit the back of the net. Rob Shoebridge should never work in football again. A harsh punishment for a solitary error you may think but he has proven he is incapable of performing his job and any other professional body would not hesitate in dismissing someone for such gross incompetence.

Then to cricket...

Today was an interesting day at The Oval. England underperformed with the bat again, but 303-8 is not terrible so the game is still alive. I was also very impressed by the score at Taunton. Sure it is traditionally an easy batting pitch but Murray Goodwin's 344 was a mighty impressive knock.

Finally a touch of controversy...

I want to keep certain subjects off this forum. Indeed politics is one of those subjects, but there are some things that rile me so much... I accept that cancer is a terrible disease and anyone suffering from it is undergoing a pain I hope I never experience. When, however, did cancer become admonishment for the murder of 270 innocent people?

I'll probably delete that last bit soon, although being associated with that decision makes me ashamed to be British.

No comments: