Saturday 17 January 2009

A Saturday in the Plutus household

I've run out of nuts. I wonder if people sell nuts after Christmas!? I don't want no sale nuts tho'! Come to think of it, I wonder how long nuts last!? Not very long in my house, that much I know.

Mrs P and I had a productive day. We've planted up our cornus "forest" and put in a quickthorn hedge behind it.

This is our aim with the Cornus. This pic isn't mine, I couldn't be ar$ed to take a photo but found this one of the same variety on on nzplantpics.com. Should look pretty cool.

The azaleas and crocosmia also found their way into the ground. Lots of people consider crocosmia a weed but we have some wonderful Lucifer under our bay tree which I couldn't resist complementing with a couple of pots from the garden centre for a pound each. I then started some woodwork while Mrs P did a great job of digging out the area for the workshop. I was working with some ash and some hazel. The latter is very enjoyable to work with. Stole it from Mr & Mrs P senior's garden several months ago (is is still theft if the owner helps you take it?) but it hasn't dried out too much. I know this because my moisture meter arrived in the post from Axminster a couple of days ago! Hazel isn't the most interesting of woods to behold but is has a beautifully creamy texture. It got too cold and dark outside for me to finish my projects though, so it looks like I'll have to sneak in a couple of hours tomorrow, despite the predicted snow or hail storm.


We're both a bit knackered now, having a break before cooking dinner from the tapas recipe book Mrs P received at Christmas. Never cooked tapas before, quite excited...

No comments: