Thursday 1 January 2009

The weather outside is...

Cold, cold, cold!

Merry New Year everyone.

It has been soooo cold recently that it's been tough to find the motivation to head out back to do much woodwork. I was lucky enough to receive a couple of new drills for Christmas - a Bosch hammer drill for all my DIY needs and a good old-fashioned hand drill which is great at performing intricate and accurate work.


So what does this great new year have in store for me? Well, first things first I need to build some sort of outbuilding to call my workshop. I've narrowed the list down to a few options and need to measure them up properly. Then I need to enlist some troops to help me lay a base and build the thing! In my head, my workshop is the gateway to being able to go from woodworking when the elements and daylight permit to woodworking whenever I want. Looking forward to sharing my progress with you.


The garden is currently looking pretty sad. There are a few little rays of sunshine poking up their heads among the frosty leaves. The mahonia is still thrusting its yellow arrows towards the sun, there a little clouds of blossom on the viburnum, the cornus are all glowing their winter finest, the heads of the sedum have been emerging since the first frost back in October and most importantly my japanese onions are romping away.


"Resolutions?" I hear you ask. I've never been a big fan of new year's resolutions but have always tried to make an effort to improve in one or two areas around the January time frame. So here goes:

1) Obvious one first: drink less - it costs too much, ain't great for the liver and somehow makes valuable time disappear

2) Quality time with quality people

3) Learn to combat my impatient streak

4) Replace some of my tiger energy with some swan energy, possibly add in a little sloth energy but not feel guilty about it

5) Stop blogging at 1 in the morning while drinking whisky

By the way, sorry that my posts have been rather devoid of photos of late. Purely laziness on my part. If you're interested in stimulating other senses, please do visit Mrs P's blog:
http://thedomesticnovice.blogspot.com/

Happy reading...

No comments: