Sunday 31 May 2009

A Home made day

Another delivery of the reserved sunshine today. Most welcome! After heading to bed some time after the funniest episode of Family Guy I have seen last night, I was expecting to rise later than I'd ideally have wanted. However, sometimes one surprises oneself. I was up making bread for lunch shortly after 8am and haven't stopped since. Well, I have obviously stopped making bread, otherwise the place would be full... you know what I mean.

Got out in the morning sun to:
plant up the summer bedding;
plant out the cuttings of my Buddleja davidii "Black Knight";
plant out the cuttings of my white sedum;

pot up my capsicum and chilli seedlings;

sow an additional crop of beans (black and white kidney, borlotti, dwarf yellow and dwarf purple);
sow some more temperamental radishes (a purple German variety and white Asian variety with pink flesh);
mow the lawn, again;

I harvested a couple of lettuces for lunch and to keep us going for a few days. Nothing better than lettuce straight from the garden to the plate (via several slug and aphid rinses of course).

Home made bread with home grown lettuce and a cheeky nibble of my first home grown mange tout for lunch, embellished with some home bought cheese and ham.

What more could one ask for?


Whole load of woodwork done in the afternoon too...

1 comment: