Monday 11 May 2009

Never thought it...

...but I quite like playing the drums. Just spent some quality time with a couple of old, much missed friends who have recently acquired Rockband for the PlayStation-3. I was on drums all afternoon and it was great fun. I'm confident that I have no future as a musician but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Probably don't have the space for the equipment Chez Plutus though.

The best bit about it? I was actually exhausted from playing. Computer games have come a long way in the last couple of years, with the arrival of the Wii as something of a catalyst. No longer are people sitting motionless, staring blankly at a screen with a joystick in hand. Oh no! Now we are swinging our virtual tennis racquet, bowling our virtual balls, firing our virtual arrows and beating our virtual drums. (That isn't supposed to sound as full of innuendo as it does, BTW.) A game is never a substitute for the real thing, of course, but if the nation is going to be obsessed with silicon-emulated entertainment, I'm glad that it now involves more than a little exercise!


Right, I'm procrastinating, I have a pile of work to do...

No comments: