Sunday 5 July 2009

Lame donkey

As many of you know, I built my own shavehorse last year after spending a couple of days on a course with Robin Fawcett. It was an excellent course, by the way. I read Robin's blog quite frequently and he has recently needed to make a few repairs to his trusty steed. The problem from which my "shavedonkey" was suffering seemed superficial in comparison - he was slightly lame in the rear leg until... well... it fell off:



I managed to get him on the operating table and perform the necessary surgery - a shortening of the body, a reattachment of the rear leg and a general strengthening of the joints. However, I fear his days are numbered. He is stronger than he was before, but is never going to achieve his original rigidity. I'll have to consider my options for replacing the old fella. Could be a good excuse to go on another course...

No comments: