Friday 31 July 2009

My Teacher, part 2

It seems that Gardener's World is following me. They interviewed a previous teacher of mine, Juliet Sargeant, during the Hampton Court Flower Show a few weeks ago. Tonight they had a feature with Bernard Boardman, Floral Department Supervisor at RHS Wisley. Bernard ran a shrub pruning seminar at Wisley last year, that featured in this post, and I am using the knowledge he imparted upon me all the time. Thanks to Bernard's wisdom, my potted Wisteria floribunda flowered well for the first time in four years. As with most things in life, there is little substitute for experience. I work on the cutting edge of technology on a daily basis and still relish spending time with my experienced peers who invariably have some way of enlightening me. Good luck on your retirement Peter!

So it seems that I have many teachers in my life. For that, I consider myself privileged...

No comments: